Sunday, June 10, 2012
My Translation of Ephesians 1
1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus, by the will of God, to the holy ones who are [in Ephesus] who believe in Christ Jesus. 2 Grace to you all and peace from God our Father and the Lord Christ Jesus.
3. Blessed is the God and father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing within the heavens within Christ. 4. Just as He chose us within Him before the beginning of the world, in order for us to be holy and blameless before him, in love, He having predestined us for sonship through Christ Jesus to himself, according to His good pleasure and His will,6. For the praise of his glorious grace, which he bestowed upon us in the beloved.
7. In whom we have redemption through His blood, that is forgiveness of sin according to the richness of His grace.8. That (He) causes to abound on us, in all wisdom and insight.9 He made known to us the mystery of His will, according to the good pleasure, that He purposed in Him,10 For administration of the fullness of time, to sum up for himself all things in Christ, the [things] in the heaven and the [things] on the earth in Him.11. In whom, also we have been chosen as God’s own people after being predestined according to his purpose who works all things according to the counsel of His will.
12. We who were the first to hope in Christ would be to the praise for His glory.13. In Him also you all after listening to the true Word, the Gospel of your salvation having believed, after you were sealed by the Holy Spirit of the promises.14. Who is a down payment on our inheritance, concerning redemption, of [God’s own] possession to praise of His glory, 15. because of this, I have heard of the faith in the Lord Jesus, which exists among you and your love (that is) for all the holy ones.
16. I am not stop giving thanks on behalf of you (all), bringing (you) to memory in my prayers,
17. that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you spiritual wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him. 18. May He illuminate the eyes of your heart so that (you) will know what is the expectation of his calling, also what is the wealth of His glorious inheritance in the holy ones;
19. and what is the surpassing greatness of his power toward us, who believe, according to the working according to His mighty strength. 20 which He worked in Christ, having raised (Christ) up from the dead and sat at the right hand, in the heavens, 21 above every rule and authority and power and dominion and every name that is named not only in this age but also in the age to come22.and all things (are) subject under His feet and He gave Him as head over all the church. 23. which is his body, “the fullness of Him who fills in every way”.
 Or completion.
 According to John Delhousaye Notes on Ephesians Greek text & notes.
 People or possessions, the NET states, “In Christ we too have been claimed as God’s own possession.” Since we are people, the ones who have been “predestined sonship”(VS 6) then I think it would be probable that the possessions here are either the people the ones who have the predestined sonship.